UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- "Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders Using Temporally-Distinct Resting-State Functional Connectivity Networks”, CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 2015. [Chong-Yaw Wee, Pew-Thian Yap, Dinggang Shen]
- "Predicting standard-dose PET image from low-dose PET and multimodal MR images using mapping-based sparse representation”, Physics in Medicine and Biology, 2015. [Yan Wang, Pei Zhang, Le An, Guangkai Ma, Jiaying Kang, Feng Shi, Xi Wu, Jiliu Zhou, David Lalush, Weili Lin, Dinggang Shen]
- "Multi-Level Deficiency of White Matter Connectivity Networks in Alzheimer’s Disease: A Diffusion MRI Study with DTI and HARDI Models”, Neural Plasticity, 2015. [Tao Wang, Feng Shi, Yan Jin, Pew-Thian Yap, Chong-Yaw Wee, Jianye Zhang, Cece Yang, Xia Li, Shi-Fu Xiao, Dinggang Shen]
- "Automatic Craniomaxillofacial Landmark Digitization via Segmentation-guided Partially-joint Regression Forest Model and Multi-scale Statistical Features”, IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, 2015. [Jun Zhang, Yaozong Gao, Li Wang, Zhen Tang, James J. Xia, Dinggang Shen]
- "Denoising Magnetic Resonance Images Using Collaborative Non-Local Means”, Neurocomputing, 2015. [Geng Chen, Pei Zhang, Yafeng Wu, Dinggang Shen, Pew-Thian Yap]