UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- "Neonatal Atlas Construction Using Sparse Representation”, accepted for Human Brain Mapping, 2014. [Feng Shi, Li Wang, Guorong Wu, Gang Li, John H. Gilmore, Weili Lin, Dinggang Shen]
- "Automated Bone Segmentation from Dental CBCT images using Patch-based Sparse Representation and Convex Optimization”, accepted for Medical Physics, 2014. [Li Wang, Ken Chung Chen, Yaozong Gao, Feng Shi, Shu Liao, Gang Li, Steve GF Shen, Jin Yan, Philip K.M. Lee, Ben Chow, Nancy X. Liu,e, James J. Xia, Dinggang Shen]
- "Mapping Longitudinal Development of Local Cortical Gyrification in Infants from Birth to 2 Years of Age”, accepted for Journal of Neuroscience, 2014. [Gang Li, Li Wang, Feng Shi, Amanda E Lyall, Weili Lin, John H Gilmore, Dinggang Shen]
- "Sparse multivariate autoregressive modeling for Mild Cognitive Impairment Classification”, accepted for Neuroinformatics, 2014. [Yang Li, Chong-Yaw Wee, Biao Jie, Ziwen Peng, Dinggang Shen]
- "Hierarchical Lung Field Segmentation with Joint Shape and Appearance Sparse Learning”, accepted for IEEE Trans. On Medical Imaging, 2014. [Yeqin Shao, Yaozong Gao, Yanrong Guo, Yonghong Shi, Xin Yang, Dinggang Shen]